RoW80 – Week 4, Sunday Check In
Good things this week: I wrote every day. I met my fiction word count goal for the week.
Needs work: My fiction writing was all over the place. No two days were on the same work in progress.
- Monday – 212 words non-fiction
- Tuesday – 1081 non-fiction – paid work
- Wednesday – 1023 words – fiction – paranormal romance WIP – Wednesday morning, I did something that wasn’t my smartest moment. I wrote a scene for one of my works in progress without actually looking at the rest of it first. Bad plan. I have over a thousand new words written in first person. The scene before it is written in 3rd person limited and isn’t even the same point of view character. I think the change of point of view character works okay but I need to change the whole new scene to third person. That’s really frustrating. It’s a learning moment though. I need to read the previous scene before starting something.
- Thursday – 670 words – custom erotica scene – I had forgotten to bring my chromebook with me on a trip out of town. I had planned to write on the drive. I ended up writing it from my phone. I didn’t even remember the bluetooth keyboard so not only was it the phone screen, it was the on-screen keyboard. It was painfully slow. The story itself was in my head ready to come out but my speed on the phone keyboard is less than half my speed with dvorak on the chromebook.
- Friday – 475 words – fiction – the soul-bonded story
- Saturday – 590 words – FanFic
- Sunday – 780 fiction – added to my NaNoWriMo 2018 novel start
Non-Fiction: 1293 words – paid work and a partial dog-blog post
Fiction: 3538 words – all over the place as far as stories
Total Words: 4831 words this week
Reading: Directing Your Destiny by Jennifer Grace
I’ve been feeling a little lost this week. What am I doing? Where am I going? Is it even worth it? I write okay when I’m down as long as I’m not numb. This is typical for me. I’ll be on top of the world one week and drowning the next. The book has a series of exercises each week that build. This week has some stuff I already do (meditation) and some stuff that is new. I don’t know if it will help but I figure it can’t hurt.